Saturday 6 December 2008

I didn't think things could get any worse, but they have. I've always had my food from pouches, it's the only way any self-respecting cat eats these days (my human always finds it hilarious that these pouches contain "kitten chunks", why is that funny?) but apparently I'm going to start having my food from tins. Tins! Tinned food. It's just too humiliating. I really hope this credit crunch thing is just a temporary thing rather than a new world order.

It's particularly galling because with the cut in interest rates the other day (so low! what is the point in interest rates when they are so low? maybe this is a new paradigm or whatever Robert Peston says. I'm not actually sure what paradigm means.) I thought we were doing better. My human is very lucky to have a proper tracker-rate mortgage and so every time interest rates go down, he pays less for our house! It's great. Apparently lots of naughty naughty banks don't pass on the saving to their customers, I just don't know how they get away with it.

Bad naughty banks. Actually I read somewhere that some banks are creating "bad banks" to get rid of their rubbish assets. Surely that's cheating? Ooh look, we bought some assets which we thought were going to make us lots of money and now actually they're more than worthless but we don't want our balance sheet to look rubbish ... ooh let's just create another bank and stick them all there, ooh aren't we clever.

Maybe next time I do something bad like go to the toilet in the bath and my human gets cross, I'll just say, that wasn't me, that was Bad Pixel.

No comments: