Sunday 21 December 2008

A reprieve

Thank you to those of you who expressed concern about me ending up as Christmas dinner. Fortunately someone told my human that cat-meat isn't very nice to eat, although I'm sure I'd be very tasty - wait, no, um, yes, cat-meat very nasty. From what I've heard, it's the silly turkeys and geese that have it worst at this time of year. No loss there then.

Daddy is still being a bit mean though because he has docked my biscuits (yes, the horrid supermarket own-brand ones) for breaking a plate. It is so unfair. It's not my fault that the plate was on the edge of the table and fell off when I was walking by. Daddy says that I have to learn to be more careful and he can't afford to keep buying new things. Huh. I'm going to speak to my friend Nina about it, she's a lawyer.

Soon there won't be anywhere left to buy a plate anyway. I was reading today that loads more shops are going to go out of business in January, which is really scary. Although the article was based on a report by an insolvency firm, who must just love this sort of thing. I bet insolvency and business restructuring practitioners are all having a terrific Christmas, just praying that things get much worse next year. Vultures.

As long as Marks & Spencers doesn't go down the pan, that's my absolute favourite shop.




I am hoping from some treats from there for Christmas ... maybe the organic chicken terrine? Yum!

No comments: