Monday 5 January 2009

Huh

I haven't written in a while because I've been so fed up. As you all know, I was really looking forward to Christmas, especially as it was my first one. But I had a dreadful time. My human (I am not calling him Daddy again until I forgive him, which may take a while) went to some friends' for Christmas and just left me on my own for two whole days and nights! I had enough food because he left me cat biscuits and also he used this horrid humiliating device which popped open a door when it was time for my next meal. Like I was .... I don't know. A fish or something. It was so frustrating knowing that the food was there and not being able to eat it, although I did spend some time trying to trigger the catch. To no avail.

It wasn't just the food thing, because I can't really control when my human feeds me at other times, although jumping up his leg and looking plaintive helps. I just felt so lonely! I went outside a few times to see if any of my little cat friends were around, but I suppose they were all with their families being pampered and overfed and napping by the radiator.

My human didn't even leave the TV on for me. He knows I like to watch television, particularly the news but I was also looking forward to the Eastenders Christmas special.

My human has been trying to make it up to me but I've been doing a LOT of sulking.

No happy news from the markets either. I'm not expecting the economy to start showing signs of improvement until 2010 now. I just think 2009 is going to be a really depressing year. Lots of retailers going out of business (I am predicting Debenhams to be the next biggy to go under) and redundancies and repossessions. And probably a reduction in my rations of cat biscuits ... and maybe even leftovers instead of my special cat food. And Gordon Brown spending even more money that he doesn't have on trying to prop up those banks that he didn't regulate properly.

No comments: