Tuesday 13 January 2009

Lidl

The descent into humiliation has been slow, but steady. It's hard for me, being a cat, I don't have any control over my life, or more importantly, the budget spent on my food. First it was the biscuits (branded to supermarket). Then the food (pouches to tins). Now ... Daddy has started buying my food in Lidl. Lidl. I know it's becoming a bit trendy now to boast about money saved at Lidl or Aldi or Primark, but I don't care about trendy! I care about my food being made by a recognised cat food manufacturer. Or failing that, M&S, which as you all know, I love dearly.

It's very worrying. I'm started to worry about what will become of me, what if Daddy can't afford to look after me at all any more? That's what first inspired me to write this blog in the first place, hearing about people having to get rid of their pets because of the credit crunch. I've started practising for being a homeless cat.










Fortunately I know inside that it's never going to happen. Daddy's friends are always threatening to kidnap me, being so handsome and all, so I'm sure I'll find a home ... somewhere.

No comments: